Thursday, May 7, 2009

Been a while

It's been a while since I posted, mostly because I've had one thing on my mind, and I couldn't decide whether or not to broadcast my angst on the Internet...I guess I need to get it off my chest. Those of you with kids understand 'baby weight' and those of you without understand how hard it can be to lose weight. Especially the longer it's been there... Well, my baby just turned 3 and I just turned 39 and I'm ready to change. After I did the Healthiest Student Challenge with Preteen 1, I realized how many bad health habits I have. So, I joined Weight Watchers and have been visiting the local Rec Center every morning at 5:30am to try to unload my trunk....so to speak. Now, I don't weigh 400 lbs...or 300...or even 200, although I did weigh well over 200 when I gave birth to Caboose. But, I am only 5'1'' and am wearing a size 12 to 14 pant, depending on the percentage of spandex. I want to be healthy, but I also want to be thin! Can you even admit to that in this day and age? It seems like some sort of taboo or something. When I got married, I weighed 115 lbs. I realize that with time and gravity and 7 kids later, that is probably not possible, but I could I at least dream of a weight somewhere in the vicinity??? And then, someday, actually WEIGH somewhere in the vicinity? Sigh. I feel determined. I've just been doing WW online, but tonight is my first real meeting. I read that people who go to the meetings lose up to 3 x's more weight than those who go it alone. I'm worried about the weigh in, I know my scale weighs light...but I'm braced and ready. If you're not into this right now, just bear with me, I'll try not to obsess too much. If you're ready to dejunk your trunk, jump in! Let me know how it's going! **Deep Breath!** Let's go!

No comments: