Thursday, October 8, 2009

Round One goes to Gem

My little Gem sleeps in bed with me and the Professor every night. Whenever I try to move her into her own little bassinet she wakes up and cries. This isn't really a problem because she sleeps better with me but I am pretty uncomfortable trying to hold still so no one rolls on her.
I decided maybe she'd do better in the porta-crib 'cause she seems to be outgrowing the bassinet. So I got the little crib all set up and yesterday I drank a big diet coke so I'd be really awake and I could get up with her. I tucked her in at 10:30. She woke up at 11:30. I fell asleep in bed holding her (useless caffeinated beverage!!) and put her down again about 1:00. She woke up at 1:15. I held her and put her back down at 1:20. She woke up at 1:30. (Keep in mind this is AM) I put her down again in a few minute and she was up by 2:00.
Needless to say I then gave up on the porta-crib and tucked her in beside me. We both slept until 7:00. (She might have woken up at 5 but frankly if she did I nursed her in my sleep and I don't remember it.) Gem- one. Mom- zero.

1 comment:

Kirstine and David said...

Carrie! That baby needs her own room! She is old enough to sleep through the night! Trust me, I know! And you need your sleep.