Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Today I went and volunteered in Blossom's class. This was my second time going in. (thanks to mom-in-law for watching the other kiddos so I can do this.) I love going to the school. Blossom's first grade class is really, really well behaved and I like her teacher a lot. I also get to accompany Blossom to her reading group and watch her progress. I love helping the little kids and seeing how smart they are. I also love having somewhere to go where I can dress up a tiny bit and not have any baby drool or diapers and no other children dangling from my extremities.
Lately, I have been feeling like everywhere I go there are children just surrounding me and hanging from every arm and leg. People have actually begun stopping me and asking me if I need help to my van when I go places. This seems like a polite gesture, but in reality it makes me feel like I not only am crazy but I look crazy, too, I can't even hide it.
Anyway, that is why I love Blossom's class. Atleast for the two hours I am there no one cries, everyone is quiet and attentive, and it is a peaceful refuge for me. Maybe it is strange that a first grade class could be a refuge but frankly, I will take what I can get. :)

No comments: