Friday, March 18, 2011

Deciding what's for dinner


Today I just could not decide what we should have for dinner. Sunday, I didn't have to make dinner, my brother-in-law brought over chili. Monday was easy--PI day meant chicken pot pie and cherry pie for dessert. Tuesday, I tried making porcupine meatballs, the family loved them. Wednesday we had tacos with homemade tortillas. Thursday was St. Patrick's day, easy again, boxty potatoes and Irish soda bread.
Now it's Friday. I take the sweet 16 to the store with me. She is full of helpful suggestions, spaghetti, tortellini, pancakes, sandwiches, cereal, hot dogs, fish sticks.....her list was endless. WE could go out to eat she suggests, or get take out.
The problem was me, I did not feel like any of those. Who knows why, I just didn't. We walked up and down the aisles hoping I would feel inspired. I could tell I was driving her nuts. But at 16, she is too cool to say so. Finally I say let's just get frozen pizza. She throws it in the cart and heads quickly for the checkout. Probably to avoid me changing my mind. So we are having pizza and salad tonight, not very original, but very easy. Unless of course I change my mind.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

and that my dear is why I make a monthly menu.
If I don't like what I see, I just switch the days and I usually avoid driving myself insane. My kids are too little to be driven insane. . . .all they ever want is cheese and waffles.