Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Pretty Food

Yesterday in honor of pi day (yes, we know it was pi and not pie) two of us decided to follow the recommendation of a friend of ours and make a delicious dessert called Clafouti. We found it on her blog (http://fivetdsisters.blogspot.com/2011/03/liberal-arts-majors-imperfect-tribute.html?spref=fb).

We loved, loved, loved it so now we must pass on the recommendation to everyone we know.

I made mine with marionberries.


Admittedly, my picture doesn't do it justice. I baked this and then turned off the oven to go for a walk. When I got back, the berries were a tiny bit dark, so my dear husband tried to help it look better for the picture by adding a little whipped cream, but seriously it tasted really wonderful.

My sis made hers with peaches. When I doubled checked with her, before posting this, to ask if she liked it, she was very clear that she loved it.

Now that looks appetizing, doesn't it?


Yummy!


Trust us, Clafouti is worth trying.

And it's fun to say too. (kla-foo-TEE).

So, click the link, get the recipe, do a little baking, and enjoy. In the words of my little Miss 1, this is "pretty food."




5 comments:

lymalu73 said...

Totally gonna try this! We made pie for pi day :)

Jenn said...

Where on earth did you get Marionberris from?! They are my mom's favorite! And usually the only place she can find them is in Washington!!!

Kimber said...

I am so happy upyou gals made it - and loved it as much as I do!! :-)

Carrie said...

I have had those marionberries in the freezer for a year. I ordered them last year from our church cannery.

Maren said...

Thanks again, One! You totally helped us ROCK pi day!:)