Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Driving Hangover

I (32 weeks pregnant and all) drove down to see some of my sisters this last weekend. It was wonderful to be surrounded by family and have my little girls getting reacquainted with cousins and aunts and uncles that they don't see as often as I would like.
The Professor couldn't go- he had a lot of work related business- and so I decided to brave the 6-hour trip by myself with the girls. Luckily mom-in-law was kind enough to step in and send 12-year old aunt with us to help with the little girls. Some of you may be thinking, 6-hour car trip, no big deal but it is a big deal for my anxiety ridden self. In the past I've had a growing fear of semis and of falling asleep at the wheel and because of that I usually resist being the driver on trips of any length. But I pushed all thoughts of death from my brain, got behind the wheel, and things went just fine. I actually enjoyed the drive home.
Which brings me to my next point. I probably enjoyed it because I was stuffing my face with soda and other sugary treats the whole way. The downside is today I have a severe "driving hangover." I am sick as a dog from all those treats!! But there are no regrets. :)

No comments: