Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Mystery of the Purloined Pajamas

At 7am, I went into the boys room, (Cub Scout, #6 and Caboose share a large room) to wake everyone up. There is Caboose, lying in bed with his SpiderMan blanket (courtesy maternal Gma!) NAKED! Yes. I yelled NAKED. My baby is not wearing a thing (in case you are confused about NAKED). Last night, when I put him in his brand new big boy bed ( our friend is moving and wanted her crib back) he was wearing polar bear jammies. A top and bottom. Very cute. Very warm (it's starting to cool off here in the West). So, I start looking around for the missing articles (under the bed, in the hamper, in the laundry room). No sign of them. I ask Cub Scout and PreT 2 if they know anything about their brother's state of undress. Confused looks are rampant. I continue to search for the jammies. I mean, HELLO, they've got to be somewhere! Jammies don't dematerialize off of babies bodies in the night (at least not in my experience, your experience may differ). I call TGH because he was up later than me last night and may know something. He doesn't. Senior doesn't know anything, and the only other people to ask are already off to catch the early bus to Jr High. So, I put a shirt on Caboose so he can eat his Cheerios without freezing to death and resign myself to ignorance (for now). In the words of Demi from Little Women: "(It) remained one of the problems over which Demi puzzled his small wits and was forced to leave unsolved forever."

4 comments:

Melody said...

Wow! I hope that you find them. I wonder where they could be???

momoflots said...

Sorta like your bowl of cookie dough?!!! I needed a good laugh this morning!!

Rebecca Talley said...

I don't know, my kids' clothes, homework, shoes, etc. have all evaporated into thin air so maybe it's possible :).

Kirstine and David said...

Just like my 11 year old boy's spelling homework. Some 20 assignments gone and all he has to say is "I don't know." What puzzles me is why all the math assignments got turned in!