Thursday, October 2, 2008

Purple Juice!

I was going to whine about the laundry, which is prolific and eternal. BUT, last night, a neighbor called and said we could pick all of her grapes. Her kids are gone and she said last year they just dropped on the ground. So, before America's Next Top Model started, I took TGH, and the two Pre-T's and went to pick grapes. Now, I am canning grape juice! I'm so happy. We haven't had the chance to plant our own vines and it takes forever to get the kind of vines the neighbor has. I think I may have a bushel or more! They are purple with seeds, is that Concord? I've canned the juice before. In our last home, there were mature vines. The kids are very excited, I never buy purple grape juice, I mean, it's purple, and the carpet is not purple. And, the very week we moved into this house, Pre-T 1 (4 at the time) threw up purple grape juice on the very light beige carpet in the family room. Nice. So there was a reminder stain until we replaced the carpet last year. But I'm feeling reckless, I'm ready to live on edge! Going down The Path That Rocks! Bring on the Purple Juice!

3 comments:

I Love Purple More Than You said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hey, I'm all for purple anything, as you've probably figured out by now. :) I wish you luck in not having any of that purple juice end up on your new carpet!

Eternal Sunshine said...

Whoo! That brings back memories. We used to pick Wild Mustang Grapes at my Grandma's when I was a kid, and she made the BEST juice, jam, etc...

Oh - and Hubs is back, thanks for asking, he missed me so much, he talked his way onto an earlier flight!!

Anonymous said...

A friend told me to visit your blog b/c you love Donny Osmond (as do I). I have been a fan since childhood and have seen him 2x as an adult. Then I saw you also love Barry Manilow so I needed to say hey! It's not every day that I find people who love both! If you say you love Neil Diamond we will have to find a way to go to concerts together. LOL

Take care.