Monday, September 8, 2008

Hi, it's Carrie- I got Blossom off to kindergarten with the big happy herd we walk with. Then when I got home I sat down to pay bills but realized that Buttercup has no backpack for preschool tomorrow. So I ran off to the store, thinking I had just enough time to load Bubbles and Buttercup into the stroller and hit the thrift store. (ever the thrifty mom, right?) We found a beautiful Ariel backpack, alas the zipper was broken, so I had to take a now crying Buttercup to another store. I still had fifteen minutes to spare. Got to thrift store #2, found a pink backpack that I had to talk her into because she now really really wanted a princess pack. I promised her I could glue something sparkly to it. What that is I have no idea, but surely with three girls under 5 we have something small and sparkly that will fit the bill. Anyway, I got in line, now only a few minutes left until kindergarten pickup time but the person in front of me took an unforeseeably long time to check out their ONE item. So I was late to kindergarten and as I tried to pull up to the school I could see Blossom frantically looking around for me. Luckily the other mamas from the happy herd were by her and I parked the van (taking up two spots) and retrieved her and the friend who was coming over to play today. phew! What have I learned from this? NEVER think 40 minutes is enough time to visit two stores with two kids. Better go, they're upstairs hungrily waiting for lunch. Already sitting at the kitchen table. . . . . .

1 comment:

Kirstine and David said...

I don't think 40 minutes is enough time to visit even one store if you take even one kid with you!