Saturday, September 20, 2008

I woke up singing the children's song, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday".... believe it or not I was in the mood to clean. I had visions of me scrubbing the entire house, room by room, top to bottom. The mood lasted exactly long enough to carry me through the kitchen.
Not quite what I pictured, but at least I was VERY thorough in there. I'm talking cabinets, refrigerator, microwave, stove burners (whatever the heck those things are called that collect all the burnt offerings) and the dirtiest thing of all, Buttercup's booster seat. Ew! There were unidentifiable food bits from who knows how long ago underneath that thing. I just might sleep better tonight knowing they are gone.
Best part of the day? Professor got home from hunting and took us all to IHOP. Yay for the two-for-one coupons! Yay for not cooking dinner in my sparkling clean kitchen! Yay for the Professor!

1 comment:

The Proverbs Wife said...

I am so glad that you found my blog.

Your comment "becoming content is a journey for most sahm's" on my post "Satisfied at Home" is definitely true.

It is a journey that once taken reaps so many rewards. Continue to look for joy in the things that you do for your family and home.

May God Bless you family.