Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Tuesdays are ridiculously busy! Definitely crockpot day. Between piano lessons, guitar lessons and church youth group activities, I am done done done! Before I head to a hot bath and an early bedtime, I want to share my super amazing breadstick recipe, but first have to tell this funny story. I was headed towards the kitchen this morning when I hear preT-1 say, "Freeze, sucka!" I'm thinking, what? When I look into the room, I see her behind PreT-2 with an arm around her neck, holding a....banana? to her sister's head. Am I halllucinating? I walk in and say, "Stop threatening your sister with a banana." Again, what? Put this on the list of things you should never have to say. Anyway, I continue, "You do realize we live in middle class suburbia and NOT a gang ghetto?" At which point Freshman, who had walked in a minute earlier and poured herself a glass of milk, laughed, shooting milk out of nose and rendering the other two incapacitated with laughter.

OK, Breadsticks:
1 1/2 cups hot water, 1 T yeast, 2 T honey, 1 tsp salt. Just stir these all up. Trust me! Then add 3 to 4 C flour until the dough is well mixed and not sticky. Knead for a min or two then form into 16 breadsticks. Bake at 450 F for about 10 to 14 min, or until golden brown. These work up so fast, sometimes I serve them with spagetti sauce and salad and call it dinner:)

No comments: